Advocating, Educating, and Rebuilding Families One Law at a Time.
about our founder
Attorney Nicole M. Scott is a Family Law Practitioner, currently servicing the Chicagoland area. Nicole has dedicated her career to family law. Nicole focuses on providing her clients with results through zealous advocacy and passionate representation. Nicole prides herself on offering her clients practical expectations while understanding their needs and desired goals. As a child who was the center of a strenuous custody battle, Nicole understands the need for stability and security within the familial transition process.
She also understands the need to have a transparent listening ear and empathetic heart during difficult times, and as such, is willing to be that person for her clients. Nicole uses her personal experiences as the foundation on which she practices law. With a number years of experience, both personally and professional, in the field of family law under her belt, Nicole is able to provide her clients with realistic advice about how to achieve the overall objective.
articles & publications
Nicole Scott, Comment, Digital Love: Where Does the Marital Communications Privilege Fit in The World of Social Media Communications, 32 J. Marshall J. Computer & Info. L. 105 (Spring 2016).
“Activities Between the Sheet Cause Sanctions in the Seat: Extramarital Affairs May Invoke a Duty To Recuse”- Cook County Bar Association publication, “Sidebar” (Summer 2016, Vol. 1, Issue 2).
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D. cum laude
- Philadelphia University, B.S. Law and Society, Minor in Psychology
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Black Women Lawyer’s Association
- Cook County Bar Association
awards & honors
- Women’s Bar Foundation Scholarship Recipient (2014)
- Illinois Judicial Scholarship Council Scholarship Recipient (2014)
- CALI Award Recipient: Constitutional Law II (2014); Conflicts of Law (2014)